- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in Literary Creation
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 17.00 to 21.00 h, except on first term Tuesdays when lessons will start at 16.00 h
The Master in Literary Creation will help you perfect your writing, develop your creative skills and discover the most effective channels to ensure the publication of a work.
Taught by esteemed writers such as Jorge Carrión, Rodrigo Fresán, Flavia Company, Marcos Ordóñez, Martín Caparrós o Andrés Neuman, throughout this course you will develop technical and artistic skills for your literary creations to reflect your full potential. Through the analysis of the main genres and subgenres you will acquire the critical thinking necessary to improve your writing and become the creator of an original literary work ready to break into the publishing industry.
The Master in Literary Creation is aimed at graduates in any field who have a passion for literature, who feel it is their vocation and want to learn to use the power of the word.
Why this program?
- Because it will help you to professionalize your literary vocation, teaching you how to create, revise and correct the style of your work. You will be taught by renowned writers, poets, literary translators and literary critics such as José María Micó, winner of national translation prizes in Spain and Italy; José Manuel Martos, editorial director of Gredos and editor at the Grupo RBA; Eloy Fernández Porta, winner of the Anagrama prize and the Ciudad de Barcelona prize, and the author of many essays and stories.
- Because of the innovative nature of its content: not only will you explore the main characteristics of the different literary genres, but you will learn about new forms of modern literatures (intergeneric literature) and how to write for media 2.0.
- Because you will have the opportunity to hear first-hand feedback from renowned writers in the classroom. In previous years master class sessions have been delivered by Sergi Pàmies, Javier Cercas, Josep Maria Benet i Jornet, Antonio Orejudo, Eduardo Mendoza, Quim Monzó, Juan Marsé, etc.
- Because it is run in tandem with Fundación Han Nefkens and Columbia University.
- Master the art of effective writing and develop the ability to create original literary texts.
- Understand the specific features of the different genres and subgenres.
- Develop the criteria to criticize your own work, as well as that of other authors- both classic and contemporary.
- Strengthen and reinforce creative talent and written expression.
- Prepare a personal literary project.
- Gain an understanding of the publishing panorama in both Spain and Latin America, in order to know where best to direct proposals.
Who is it for?
The course is open to graduates from any academic background who have a passion for literature and feel a vocation for writing, and who wish to further their education in writing texts with literary value.