- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Methodology(active tab)
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Ll. M. in Professional Legal Practice
The main objective of the Ll. M. in Professional Legal Practice is to ensure that future lawyers have the specific knowledge and abilities required to work as a legal professional, in accordance with articles 10 and 14 of the regulations pertaining to Act. 34/2006.
- The compulsory modules aim to help students prepare for the official exam. Along with the specialist knowledge provided in the optional modules, this will give students the best possible preparation to start their professional career as lawyers.
- The modules on litigation make up the majority of the course content (23 ECTS). They use issues based on real cases to build the students' capacity to resolve them based on procedural, substantive, Spanish and European law. Drawing up legal documents (such as claims, complaints and appeals) and providing a verbal defence (mock trials and hearings) also form a key part of these modules.
- The modules that cover basic legal advice for companies (8 ECTS) aim to provide an overview of non-contentious legal practice based on practical examples related to contracts and company law.
- The program will also cover subjects that are vital in order to practise as a lawyer, such as ethics, negotiation and office management. These subjects will play a vital role in the subsequent official exam (11 ECTS).
- By choosing the optional modules (12 ECTS) students can also obtain a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, which complements the general training provided by the modules on Civil Law, Tax Law, Commercial Law, Criminal Law, Public and Regulatory Law and Employment Law. As well as the 17 optional modules offered in the Ll. M. in Professional Legal Practice, it is also possible to choose from the modules offered in the Masters in Legal Sciences at Pompeu Fabra University.
- Extra-curricular activities: the program will include a series of voluntary extra-curricular activities (to take place during term time), such as attending trials and guard duties, mock trials, workshops organized by companies and law firms who collaborate with the program, specialized training (such as legal English and public speaking), etc.
- Finally, students will have to complete a final project (6 ECTS) during the final term. The project will take the form of a written legal opinion on a practical, multidisciplinary issue relating to the course.
Face-to-face masters programs, postgraduate courses and short courses at UPF Barcelona School of Management combine active student participation with the teaching of theoretical and practical concepts. This type of learning focuses on discussing and resolving case studies in the classroom and applying the knowledge acquired to real-life situations. Face-to face programs use Aula Global, the virtual campus, to maintain continuity between classroom sessions.