UPF Barcelona School of Management, through the UPF's Institute of Continuing Education Foundation, annually awards scholarships to finance master studies to students who can demonstrate their talent and motivation. The Talent Scholarships cover between 25% and 50% of the total tuition fee and up to 75% if you can demonstrate that you are in a difficult financial situation.
Which requirements do I need to fulfill?
- Have completed a university qualification.
- Have obtained in your undergraduate studies a minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 out of 4.0 (the Scholarship Committee reserves the right to determine a different minimum GPA according to your home country's grading system).
- Have been accepted to the master program for which you are applying for the scholarship.
- Have paid the 25% of the tuition fee necessary to reserve your place on the program in the period indicated in your admission letter.
Please note that your application must meet all documentation requirements and deadlines. Otherwise it will not be evaluated.
How do I apply?
Apply through eRegistrar (option "Scholarship and Grants"). Please note that this option will only be displayed once you have paid your master's reservation fee. Remember to provide the following documentation:
- A letter of motivation (including your reasons for applying for a Talent Scholarship)
- At least 2 letters of academic and/or professional recommendation
- A complete transcript of records of your undergraduate studies with your GPA
- If presenting a non-Spanish transcript of records, a conversion chart or a scale corresponding to the educational system of the country in which the degree was issued
All documents except for the academic transcript must be in either Catalan, Spanish or English. The academic transcript can be presented in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian or Portuguese. If it is another language it must be accompanied by a sworn official translation to Catalan or Spanish. If you wish to apply for an extended scholarship due to your economic situation you must expressly request this and provide additional documentation. In some cases candidates will be called for interview, either in person or by telephone or Skype. If necessary, we will contact you in order to schedule an interview. Talent Scholarships are not compatible with the UPF Alumni's discounts, nor with the UPF Barcelona School of Management Alumni Premium discounts.
When do I apply?
Talent Scholarships are applied for and awarded according to the dates outlined below. The funds available for each convocation diminish as the dates advance. Therefore, the earlier you apply for a Talent Scholarship, the more likely you are to be awarded one.
|Scholarship application deadline||Awarding of the scholarship|
|25 January 2017||9 January 2017|
|13 April 2017||4 May 2017|
|22 June 2017||13 July 2017|
|13 July 2017||31 July 2017|
|21 September 2017||3 October 2017|
|25 January 2018||9 February 2018|
(*) The Talent Scholarship Committee reserves the right to transfer funds to other applications deadline if they have not been assigned.
Please bear in mind that the scholarship application must be made before classes begin since a Talent Scholarship cannot be processed for a master program that has already begun. Equally, no applications presented after the deadline will be accepted, even if classes have not yet begun.
If you have any questions about how to apply for a Talent Scholarship, do not hesitate to contact our Scholarship Information Office at email@example.com. You can also consult our competition rules on the official DOGC Núm. 6988 del 2.11.2015 (in Catalan). You can find information about the taxation of the scholarship in the FAQ’s.