- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Methodology(active tab)
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master of Science in Finance and Banking
The Master of Science in Finance and Banking combines different teaching methodologies in all courses:
- Practical case studies
- Individual exercises
- Group-based activities
- In-class discussions
All courses have an academic tutor who is available to the participants for any content-related questions and a program coordinator for any course-related issues. At the beginning of the course, the student will be provided with the following learning materials:
- A detailed description of the objectives and skills which will be acquired by the student before the end of the course.
- A dossier with practical exercises and solutions. These exercises will be marked and students will be provided with correct answers.
- An individual or group assessment activity
- Learning complements: complementary bibliography, related articles and links. Learning contents will be accessible both in printed format and via web.
Further to this, UPF Barcelona School of Management bases its training methodology on a fully scientific approach to knowledge and three core ideas: evidence-based management, entrepreneurship and innovation and engaged social value. Learn more about the school's reasons to choose us
The Master of Science in Finance and Banking course grades are calculated as follows:
- Course exam: 50%
- Active participation in seminars and/or group-presentations: 30%
- Individual exercises: 20%
In order to pass a course, participants must obtain a minimum mark of 50%, with a minimum exam mark of 40%. Some courses, especially elective courses, will be graded on an individual and/or group project.
Challenge Garage: a Networking Experience for all Masters of Science
UPF Barcelona School of Management offers Master of Science students the possibility of participating in real business projects and professional networking events. The Challenge Garage is an innovation project which promotes the interaction between local start-ups and SMEs and the school's Master of Science students. The aim of the project is to identify the real challenges of today's companies and use them to generate new business. Every year the Challenge Garage is organized as a parallel activity to the Master of Science's regular classes as a way to convey to put UPF Barcelona School of Management's methodology into practise.
Face-to-face masters programs, postgraduate courses and short courses at UPF Barcelona School of Management combine active student participation with the teaching of theoretical and practical concepts. This type of learning focuses on discussing and resolving case studies in the classroom and applying the knowledge acquired to real-life situations. Face-to face programs use Aula Global, the virtual campus, to maintain continuity between classroom sessions.