- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Postgraduate Course in Audiovisual Translation
Program curriculum and final degree
Introduction. Compulsory seminars
Theory of Audiovisual Translation
Audiovisual Translation: Dubbing and Subtitling
Translation of Musicals
Subtitling Fantasy and Children’s Film
Accessibility in Audiovisual Translation
Seminars on legal and professional aspects
- Intellectual Property Law and other Legal Aspects
- The Editing Process and Professional Aspects of Translation
Audiovisual translation workshops (compulsory)
- Workshop 1: Introduction to Translation for Dubbing
- Workshop 2: Introduction to Interlinguistic Subtitling
- Workshop 3: Translation Techniques and Strategies for Dubbing
- Workshop 4: Subtitling Styles, Techniques and Software
Optional audiovisual translation workshops (select 3)
- Workshop 1: The Dubbing Studio and Voices of Translation
- Workshop 2: Innovation (2 mutually exclusive options offered on the same days):
- W2a: Innovations in Translation for Dubbing
- W2b: Innovations in Subtitling
- Workshop 3: Subtitling according to the Communication Medium
- Workshop 4: Audiovisual Translation Media: Translation Synchronization
- Workshop 5: Introduction to Audiovisual Accessibility. Accessibility: Subtitling / Audio Description
- Workshop 6: Translation of different audiovisual genres (2 mutually exclusive options offered on the same days):
- W6a: Translating Humour in Audiovisual Comedy
- W6b: Videogame Translation
For more information about the workshops, please click here.
Workshops will take place if minimum enrolment is met. Workshop selection will be done in order of registration since in some cases there is a maximum number of participants.
Postgraduate end-of-course project
From the start and through the end of the programme, participants will develop an individual project under the guidance of a mentoring lecturer.
BSM Inside Module
This module deals with three key skills that future professionals need in order to achieve success in any area and to quickly and efficiently respond to the constant challenges that emerge in business. The subjects coincide with UPF Barcelona School of Management's key identifying features: analytical capacity, communication, and social purpose.
- Evidence-based management: This subject brings us closer to professional decision making through prudent, clear and precise data analysis. Real life, relevant examples give students an opportunity to discover the manifold opportunities that big data can provide to different professional sectors.
- Storytelling: In this subject, we develop the functions and mechanisms of audiovisual narrative (storytelling) and we apply them to professional communication. We tackle issues such as how to create communications that make an impact (on a personal, project and corporate level) as well as interpersonal communication and team motivation. The goal is to help professionals transmit any idea successfully, with creativity and energy.
- Ethics and sustainability: Professionals in all sectors have to deal with issues relating to ethics and sustainability throughout their working lives. In this subject, we focus on identifying, analyzing and effectively responding to these questions.
*The information contained herein may be subject to changes
Postgraduate Diploma in Audiovisual Translation, awarded by Pompeu Fabra University.