- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master of Science in Finance and Banking
Program curriculum and final degree
The Master of Science in Finance and Banking consists of 4 taught components (essentials, finance, banking and electives), spaced along 3 terms. The courses in the first three blocks are compulsory.
Students will be able to choose 4 out of the 6 groups of elective courses below in the 2nd and 3rd terms. There will be a presentation of electives at the end of the first term so that students can get a better understanding of their choices.
Students will also prepare and present a Master thesis, supervised by a specialized faculty member. Throughout the year, there will also be a master thesis accopanying course.
During the academic year, students will also undertake a credited professional internship. Throughout the year, there will also be a preparation course, the "Connecting with the Industry".
- Financial Econometrics - José Olmo (University of Southampton)
- Financial Accounting and Analysis - Javier Gomez-Bizcarri (UPF)
- Macroeconomics and International Finance - Oriol Aspachs (La Caixa), Victor Burguete (Sabadell Bank) and Joan Pina (TheCreativeNet)
- Investments and Porfolio Management - José Suárez-Lledó (Caixabank)
- Financial Management - Filippo Ippolito (UPF)
- Derivatives and Risk Management - Manuel Moreno (University of Castilla-La Mancha)
- Financial Markets and Institutions - Enrique Benito (Deloitte)
- Financial Institutions Management
- Corporate Valuation
- Corporate Valuation - Jacobo Cuadrado (Visan) and Albert Banal-Estanol (UPF)
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Reorganizations
- Regulation and Governance
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Venture Capital
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Venture Capital- Filippo Ippolito (UPF)
- Benchmarking and Management Control
- Benchmarking and Management Control - Mircea Epure (UPF)
- Bank Accounting
Students will also prepare and present a master thesis (an academic project, a corporate valuation or financial plan), supervised by a specialized faculty member. Through the year, there will also be a master thesis accompanying course, supervised by the master thesis coordinator.
- MSc Thesis Advising: Guidelines and Accompanying Course - Luz Parrondo (UPF)
During the academic year, students will also undertake a credited (full-time or part-time) professional intership (for more information, click here). Throughout the year, there will also be a preparation course, the "Connecting with the Industry".
- Internship: Guidelines and Accompanying Course - Michael Counihan (NewTech Capital)
Additional Program Activities
Further to the course's regular classes, all Master of Science students have the possibility of attending free complementary training parallel to the running of their programs. The following activities are optional and are included in the program's tuition fees:
- Brush-up Courses: preparatory crash-courses on business and economy-related subjects which take place two weeks prior to the beginning of the program.
- Spanish Course: free of charge, 3-hour/week course at the UPF's language school.
- Career Development Program: workshops and networking sessions specifically designed for training students on how to improve their résumé, define their professional identity, develop professional skills and approach potential employers.
Once students have completed the course they will receive the official Master's Degree Máster Universitario en Finanzas Corporativas y Banca / M.Sc. in Corporate Finance and Banking awarded by Pompeu Fabra University.
Students will also receive an additional Master of Science in Finance and Banking completion certificate awarded by UPF Barcelona School of Management.
Official Master's Degree: Upon successfully completing the master's program you will receive a final diploma awarded by Pompeu Fabra University. In order to issue the certificate, the Government of Catalonia charges an additional fee of approximately €200. The exact amount varies annually and will be finalized upon completion of the degree. In accordance with the regulations set out by the Spanish Ministry of Education this final diploma will be issued in Spanish.