- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Internships(active tab)
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master of Science in Finance and Banking
The Master of Science in Finance and Banking includes a curricular internship, which is compulsory to earn the program degree. The aim of the internship is to provide students with the opportunity to apply and supplement the knowledge that they have acquired as part of the academic training and to encourage the acquisition of skills that will prepare them to carry out professional activities and enhance their employability.
Some of the program activities designed to ensure students’ career success can be found below. Please refer to the employment opportunities for examples of banks, consultancies, and companies that have recruited students of the Master of Science in Finance and Banking as interns or full-time employees over the last three years.
Job discovery workshop
These sessions, scheduled at the beginning of the academic year, go over different types of finance positions, both on an international level and within the Spanish ecosystem. They give students insights into the different career options available, the typical daily tasks for each, and the long term path of each. Some of the guest speakers in this course include:
Xavier Brun, Manager of 5 Sicav global equities and fixed income at Solventis AV
Marc Murtra, Partner at Crea Inversiones M&A Boutique
Xavier Serradesanferm, Financial Controller at Mango fashion producer and retailer
Santiago Pieren Salazar, Director of Financial Crime at PwC
Elisenda Monforte Vila, Partner of Global Transfer Pricing Services at KPMG
Silvia Collado, Director of AZ Capital Investment Bank
Connecting with the Industry
This course shows the real-life, practical side that happens in finance positions. The course sessions will mostly be carried out with guest speakers and real life cases that they worked in. The students will have a chance to prepare and present in the class what they think is the best response to the situation posed in the case study, and afterward the guest speaker will explain what really happened and how they approached the situation in real life.
Ethical and Professional Standards
This short course shall discuss ethics, the role of a code of ethics in defining a profession, and the importance of ethics in the finance profession. The course also covers the practical application of an ethic code and standards of professional conduct. The course prescribes methodology and standards that are consistent with clear and honest presentations of results.
- Ethical and Professional Standards Course – Oriol Amat (UPF).
Training and Career Development Program
The Career Services department aims to provide students the necessary support and preparation for their future professional careers and development. It also provides students internship opportunities by forging relationships with companies, both nationally and internationally.
To successfully manage the student’s career success, Career Services offers:
- Job search strategies
- How to write a CV and cover letter
- Selection processes and role playing
- LinkedIn and personal branding
- How to network online and offline
- UPF - BSM Job Portal where internship and job opportunities are posted by recruiters
- Premium access to VAULT (a leading international resource for industry research and job search)
- Premium access to HIGHERED (a global portal with internship opportunities reserved to partner universities)
- On-campus talks by recruiters
Networking and Engagement:
- On-campus talks by MSC alumni about their professional experience
- One to one counseling sessions
- Individual CV and cover letter revisions
Please refer to our internship regulations for more information.