- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Methodology(active tab)
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in Scientific, Medical and Environmental Communication
The course, which was pioneering in the field when it started 20 years ago, has always been focused on training professionals in all the different areas of scientific communication: journalism, business communication and museology. The course is updated and adapted each year in order to reflect the changes that the communication and scientific sectors experience. One of the master's strongest points is its capacity to provide students with excellent career opportunities that adapt to the country's changing social model and economic situation.
As a highly professionally-oriented course, the course is made up of programs, research and other activities tightly linked to professional, social and cultural needs and concerns, along with those of businesses and political-administrative institutions. The main aim is to train experts in the mediation between science/technology and society. As such, the master's program is highly interdisciplinary in nature (both in terms of teaching staff and students) offering a balance between theory and practice and a unique group dynamic.
It is worth noting that 70% of students who have studied the master are scientists (in all of their forms) and the remaining 30% comes from the area of social sciences (journalism, communication, marketing, sociology, linguistics and even philosophy). The interdisciplinary group dynamic is achieved through direct contact with an expert teaching staff which includes noted academics but which is mainly composed of active professionals from the diverse sectors involved in scientific communication. This direct contact enables students to network and improve their job prospects.
In conclusion, the course provides an excellent, intense working environment which extends outside the classroom and which in many cases goes further than the master's degree.
The Challenge experience
Face-to-face masters programs, postgraduate courses and short courses at UPF Barcelona School of Management combine active student participation with the teaching of theoretical and practical concepts. This type of learning focuses on discussing and resolving case studies in the classroom and applying the knowledge acquired to real-life situations. Face-to face programs use Aula Global, the virtual campus, to maintain continuity between classroom sessions.