- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing
Program curriculum and final degree
Module 1. Marketing Rx: operational management
- Introduction to Marketing. Pharmaceutical market. Internal analysis.
- Market research: secondary sources and ad-hoc techniques.
- Competitive digital intelligence.
- SWOT. Marketing objectives.
- Segmentation and Positioning. Case study.
- Marketing strategies for mature products.
- Marketing strategies for EFGs.
- Advertising legislation. Self regulation.
- ROI of the marketing plan.
- Introduction to Finances.
- The operating account.
- Financial impact of marketing decisions.
- Case study: return of investment.
Module 2. Medical Marketing and Market Access.
- Investigation, development and authorisation of medicinal products. Phase IV.
- Medical Affairs, organisation. Evidence based communication (MSL).
- How to provide value to medicinal products: investigation of Health results.
- How to provide value to medicinal products: Pharmacoeconomics. Dossier of value.
- Medical-Market Access strategic plans . Case studies.
- Promoting and advertising medicinal products. Transparency. Crisis management for security reasons. Farmacovigilance.
- The Health System in Spain and Market Access's clients.
- Price and reimbursement of medicines. Report on therapeutic positioning. Evaluation and access committees.
- Access strategies: Hospital vision and Primary Care.
- Pharmaceutical policies of Autonomous Communities in evaluating and accessing new medicines. Strategies for promoting recommendations of use
- Strategy and high performance teams (Marketing-Medical-Market Access)
Module 3. Sales Teams and Hospital Marketing.
- Sales Plan.
- Area analysis. Case study.
- New sales models.
- Introduction to the national and international hospital markets.
- Competitive analysis and market intelligence.
- Purchase systems and market access.
- Managing the life cycle of mature products.
- Case studies.
Module 4. Pharmacy and OTC Marketing
- Self-medication and variables of OTC marketing. Case studies.
- Marketing of parapharmaceutical products.
- Pharmaceutical distribution: evolution and challenges.
- Managing of pharmacy channel: the relationship between pharmacists and assistants.
- Managing of pharmacy channel: Communication at point of sale.
- Loyalty of pharmacies and customers. Case studies.
- Managing of sales force: sales effectiveness.
- Mass media planning.
Module 5. Communication and Creativity planning
- Mental frames: insight point of connection with audiences.
- Workshop: designing a digital service.
- Workshop: brief for a digital service.
- The Healthcare communication agency.
- Communication strategies for new and mature products.
- Communication strategies for global brands.
- DTC strategies for Rx products.
- Analysing creative communication with professionals and customers.
Module 6. Relational marketing and Digital Channels
- Foundations of relational marketing and loyalty.
- Applying Relational Marketing to the pharmaceutical sector.
- Website: role and planning.
- Integrating social networks in Relational Marketing.
- SEM Campaigns: Google Adwords. SEO.
- Mobile marketing: apps, geolocation, AR.
- "Push & pull" digital strategies for prescribers.
- Digital support for sales teams.
- New digital business models for the pharmaceutical sector.
Module 7. Marketing Rx: strategic and international management
- SWOT analysis of company and product portfolio design.
- Managing the life cycle of products. Licensing in/out.
- Optimisation models for business and sales promotion.
- Strategic marketing vs operational marketing. TPP (*)
- Brand identity (*)
- International brand management. Global/local marketing interaction (*)
- Pharma business development (*)
- The US pharma market (*)
- Patient engagement (*)
- Corporate strategy: case study
(*) sessions taught in English.
Module 8. Development of Professional Skills (Multidisciplinary )
- Personal leadership.
- Assessment of skills.
- Organisation and time management.
- Professional work experience.
- Conflict management.
- Effective presentations.
- Teambuilding day.
Module 9. Master's dissertation
From the second month until the end of the program, participants will produce a Marketing Plan under the supervision and guidance of a mentor tutor.
Module BSM Inside:
This module deals with three key skills that future professionals need in order to achieve success in any area, and to quickly and efficiently respond to the constant challenges that emerge in business. The subjects coincide with UPF Barcelona School of Management's key identifying features: analytical capacity, communication and social purpose.
- Evidence-based management: This subject brings us closer to professional decision making through prudent, clear and precise data analysis. Real life, relevant examples give students an opportunity to discover the manifold opportunities that big data can provide to different professional sectors.
- Storytelling : In this subject we develop the functions and mechanisms of audiovisual narrative (storytelling) and we apply them to professional communication. We tackle issues such as how to create communications that make an impact (on a personal, project and corporate level) as well as interpersonal communication and team motivation. The goal is to help professionals transmit any idea successfully, with creativity and energy.
- Ethics and sustainability: Professionals in all sectors have to deal with issues relating to ethics and sustainability throughout their working lives. In this subject, we focus on identifying, analysing and effectively responding to these questions.
Personal coaching and skills assessment
Throughout the course, each program participant will have at least one personal coaching session with one of the course directors. In addition, each one will have a skills assessment performed in order to improve their personal and professional self-knowledge and draw up an Individual Development Plan.
*The information contained herein may be subject to changes.
Master's in Pharmaceutical Marketing, issued by the Universidad Pompeu Fabra.
To obtain the qualification it is essential to attend class and complete the individual exercises throughout the course. The group thesis should also be prepared satisfactorily.