- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in Creation of Video Games
From Monday to Friday from 6 to 9pm.
The mission of the Master in Video Game Creation is to train future professionals in the game industry.
Designed to prepare both expert game developers and artistic directors, this course will specialize both in the technical aspects of game production (graphic programming, artificial intelligence, logic, etc.) and in the creative aspects (story conceptualization, visual design, character modelling, scenarios, objectives, etc.). In class, video game professionals will show you the latest project management techniques such as Scrum and Kanban and will teach you how to structure your project based on milestones or deliverables as required in the industry. Upon completion of the course you will have developed a professional project that you will be able to launch on the market, as some former students have done (e.g. Sugar Kid with A Crowd of Monsters).
The Master in Video Game Creation is considered a reference in the national and international industry sector. A large number of former students have won prizes in competitions as prestigious as the Independent Games Festival, ArtFutura, Creanimax or the Three Headed Monkey Awards. 70% of the students leave the master's degree in companies and reference studies in the industry.
You can find below the Projects or Reels created by the students of the latest editions:
Why this program?
1. Because of the professional success it has achieved over the last 12 years: some of the projects have been nominated and won awards at Artfutura, in and the National Gamelab Prizes 2014, Independent Games Festival in San Francisco, 2013 Indie DB; some students have started companies such as A Crowd of Monsters, Wake Studios, Lince Works, etc.
2. Because it is directed by Daniel Sánchez-Crespo, CEO of Novarama, the first Spanish company to develop games for Sony.
3. Because of its close ties with the videogame industry: the Master includes classes with programmers, artists and professionals in companies like Digital Legends, 5 Ants, Mercury Systems and Novarama.
4. Because you will be trained as a professional in a growing industry: the videogame industry is the leading industry in the audiovisual and interactive entertainment sector in Spain. In 2013 the number of jobs in this industry rose by 29%.
- Master the specifics of the various phases of video game creation
- Make professional use of all the main tools used in the video game production process, including those for design, programming, art production and management.
- Gain a solid understanding of the specific technical features of the different consoles and platforms.
- Focus on the key information relating to the marketing and distribution of video games.
Who is it for?
The Master is aimed at graduates, engineers and higher diploma-holders with private university awards in degrees such as Computer Studies, Telecommunications, Audiovisual Communication, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Architecture, etc. At those interested in the creation and production of video games, including professionals from other areas wishing to extend their knowledge in one of the fields currently generating most activity on the multimedia creation scene.