The primary objective of the General Science Programme (PGC) is to train professionals in the administration and leadership of the research units of
public and private centres, and in technology transfer, assessment and marketing of the discoveries liable to be developed industrially. These principles
apply to specific situations such as:
• Reflection on the current role of science in society and scientific policy.
• Knowledge of the structure and dynamics of the science-technology-innovation system on the Catalan, Spanish, EU and global level.
• Establishment of the strategic axes of the institutions related to scientific policy.
• Development of institutional relations to help to attract resources for the centres.
• Familiarity with the problems of integrity of the research, the ethical challenges of contemporary scientific activity, and good scientific practices.
• Knowledge of the regional, Spanish and EU policies and calls for RDI projects.
• HR Management. Hiring policies. Leadership and policies to encourage and manage productivity and innovation in human resources.
• Logistic support for the preparation of research projects in public and private calls.
• Preparation of model contracts for RDI and technology transfer projects.
• Preparation of the budgets for the investment and expenses involved in the projects.
• Design and planning of spaces and facilities intended to house RDI activities.