- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Ll. M. in Professional Legal Practice
Program curriculum and final degree
When Act. 34/2006 and the corresponding regulations (Royal Decree 775/2011) came into force, this meant a radical change regarding entry to the legal profession, as future lawyers were obliged to undertake an extra 18 months of training. In accordance with the aforementioned law, graduates who want to become lawyers have to complete an Ll. M. worth 90 credits (60 academic credits and 30 credits of internship), as well as passing the official exam.
The Ll. M. in Professional Legal Practice is a unique project that brings together a variety of different institutions, universities and professionals, from both the public and private sector, with a common goal: to provide Law graduates with excellent academic preparation that, in accordance with current legislation, will not only allow them to pass the official exam, but also give them the greatest chance of success in their professional careers as lawyers.
COMPULSORY MODULES (30 ECTS)
MODULE I. "Litigation and Related Matters" (19 ECTS)
This module aims to enable students to transfer the knowledge they have acquired on substantive law during their degree studies and apply it to the reality of the legal process. They will practise the skills that are required in order do so (e.g. writing, speaking, strategy, etc.) and become familiar with the most important processes and written procedures.
- Civil and Commercial Litigation (5 ECTS)
- Criminal Litigation (4 ECTS)
- Administrative Litigation (3 ECTS)
- Employment Litigation (3 ECTS)
- Fundamental Rights, Economic Freedoms and European Integration (4 ECTS)
MODULE II. "Professional Matters" (11 ECTS)
Study of the rules and principles that professional lawyers are governed by in relation to their clients, colleagues and the justice administration. Students will use the basic skills that are necessary for successful professional practice, such as good organization and office management, strategizing and negotiation. They will also study the legal means of conflict resolution and the corresponding alternatives.
- Conflict Resolution In and Out of Court (4 ECTS)
- Ethics and Professional Regulatory Framework (3 ECTS)
- Professional Practice: Organization and Skills (4 ECTS)
OPTIONAL MODULES (24 ECTS)
A. Optional modules from the Ll. M. in Professional Legal Practice
- Accounting and Finance for Lawyers (4 ECTS)
- Bankruptcy Law (4 ECTS)
- Fundaments of Extracontractual Civil Liability (4 ECTS)
- Intellectual Property and Competition Law (4 ECTS)
- Legal protection of natural resources and environmental responsibility (4 ECTS)
- Financial Markets Law (4 ECTS)
- Tax Law: advanced direct taxation (4 ECTS)
- Tax Law: advanced indirect taxation (4 ECTS)
- Global Business Law (4 ECTS)
- Real Estate and Urban Planning Law develope (4 ECTS)
- Penal Compliance: Fundaments (4 ECTS)
- Business and Labour Relations (4 ECTS)
- Advanced Civil Litigation (4 ECTS)
- Family and Personal Law (4 ECTS)
- Tax Litigation (4 ECTS)
- Advanced Employment Litigation (trial and labor process simulation) (4 ECTS)
- Advanced Criminal Litigation (4 ECTS)
- Regulatory Law (4 ECTS)
- Evidence (4 ECTS)
- International Litigation and International Commercial Arbitration (4 ECTS)
- Legal Practice of Capital Trading Companies (4 ECTS)
- Contracts: special issues (4 ECTS)
By choosing optional modules, it is possible to obtain a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice.
B. Optional modules for the Ll. M. in Legal Sciences. For more details on the content of these modules, please go to the website for the Masters in Legal Sciences at UPF.
It is possible to register for more than 3 optional modules. You will be given details of the fees corresponding to each module once you have signed up for the course.
FINAL PROJECT (6 ECTS):
Legal Opinion Students will write a legal opinion on an issue related to legal practice that allows them to demonstrate their successful assimilation of the theoretical knowledge and practical skills acquired during the taught classes and internship. If the student chooses one of the Diplomas in Professional Legal Practice, the final project must be related to the subject area of the diploma in question.
INTERNSHIP (30 ECTS)
LANGUAGE: There will be three groups: two studying in Catalan, Spanish and English, and one studying in Spanish and English.
*The information contained herein may be subject to changes.
Ll. M. in Professional Legal Practice, issued by Pompeu Fabra University.
Issuance of official Master's Degrees: The issuance of officially recognised diplomas in Spain implies the payment of a certificate issuance tax. This tax is officially approved by the Catalan Government and it varies from year to year. The programme tuition fees do not include this tax, which must be paid by the student for the successful attainment of the programme's final diploma.
Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, issued by Pompeu Fabra University.30 ECTS*
This qualification is awarded to students who pass their chosen modules and who pay the corresponding fees for the issuance of additional qualifications (General Terms and Conditions).
* European Credit Transfer System. 1 ECTS credit is equal to a total of 25 hours of student work, including contact hours and independent study.