- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Online Postgraduate Course in Strategic Management in International Companies
Program curriculum and final degree
The Online Postgraduate Course in Strategic Management in International Companies is made up of 12 modules from the Master in International Trade Programme. International Business Programme. Online.
INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT: Economic Intelligence and Institutional Framework
- Economic Environment. Globalization and International Trade. The scenario for international markets in the current economic, social and political situation worldwide. Commercial policy and investment attraction. Financial environment. Intermediaries and institutions in capital markets. Financial markets.
- International Economics. Advantages of productive specialization. Product life-cycle. Competitive forces. Commercial policy and investment attraction. Business cooperation. Measuring foreign trade: external accounts. Inter and intra-industry Trade. Horizontal and vertical differentiation. Product quality. Specialization and growth.
- Institutional framework of regional processes of economic integration. Cooperation and economic integration. International Economic Institutions: WTO. Regional integration processes worldwide. The European Union. Online sources of information. Free trade agreements between countries and world trade blocs.
- Market research and sectorial analysis. Instruments for knowledge of markets and of production sectors. Sources of information for market research. Case studies on countries, sectors, products and services.
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS STRATEGIES
- International competitive strategy. The internationalization process. Sources of competitive advantage. Corporate governance and social responsibility in businesses. External analysis and scenarios. Generic and growth strategies. Implementation of strategies.
- International Marketing. From the domestic to the international market. Company value: Product or client? Product internationalization check-list. Brand management. Cobranding. Network creation and distribution. Pricing. International communication. Drawing up a Marketing Plan in practice. Sales and Marketing.
- International Finance. Company financial statements. Corporate Finance. Import and Export financing. Debt markets, equity, currencies, future, options, and forwards markets. Risks and insurance. Financial management of the international business. International capital structures and capital cost. Direct foreign investment worldwide. Portfolio investments.
- Culture, business organization and international negotiation. The importance of culture in business. Culture as a competitive advantage or disadvantage. Simulating cultural clashes. Exploring cultures. Interactive cultural spheres. The process of international negotiation. Negotiation in a global economy. Simulating international business in different environments.
- International management of human resources. International business organization. Traditional organizational structures: functional, parent-subsidiary and multidivisional structures. Control systems. The "born global" company versus the "internationalization in stages" company.
- Game of simulating strategic decisions (Business game). This game helps understand company management from a holistic perspective, within its different functional areas. In this game, the formation of strategies on three levels are put into practice: corporate, strategic business unit, and functional strategy. Once the most appropriate strategy has been applied, learning to evaluate it begins.
- Management skills. Emotional intelligence in the workplace. Styles of management. Leadership. Personal interaction and communication. Motivation. Time and stress management. Public presentations. Organization of an export department and support and aids for company internationalization. Cooperation between manufacturers and international subcontracting. Support and aids for company internationalization. The creation of consortiums and export groups.
- Business opportunities within Latin America. Review of the geopolitical, social and economic environment in Latin America. Business opportunities in the region. Latin American multinationals. Entrance strategies into markets in this region. Fair trade. Case studies.
Postgraduate Course in Strategic Management in International Companies, awarded by the Pompeu Fabra University.