- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Postgraduate Course in Financial Management
Program curriculum and final degree
Postgraduate Programme in Financial Management
- Analysis of financial statements. Creation of forecasting models based on ratios. Sector analysis. Bankruptcy prediction techniques. Integral analysis. Postgraduate Programme in Financial Management
- The stock market and financial markets . Securities and shares. Types of operations. Cash, credit, capital increases. Public stock and buyback offers (optional). Fundamental analysis and technical analysis (optional). Types of risk. Exchange risk, interest rate risk, equity price risk. Futures, options, swaps, caps, floors, collars.
- Investment Evaluation.
- The mathematics of financial operations (partly optional). Basic concepts. Simple, compound and discounted interest. Updating and capitalisation. Loans and funds. Effective interest rate.
- Investment evaluation. Basic aspects to consider for investment evaluation. Static methods. Recovery period. Dynamic methods. NPV, IRR. Influence of inflation and taxes. Analysis of the aggregate investment-finance project. Project finance.
- Management of assets.
- Cash management. Cash forecasts. Financial products for covering short-term needs. Financial products for short-term surplus disposal. Bank-enterprise relations. Profit and loss accounting and bank-enterprise balance. Cash pooling and other cash management techniques.
- Credit Management. Client credit policies. Risk and collection management: awarding credit, payment policies and circuits. The credit department and the risk committee: objectives, responsibilities and risk policies. Credit follow-up and control: sources of information and actions to be taken.
- Spanish, European and international financial systems. The Spanish financial system. The Bank of Spain, banks, building societies, credit cooperatives, leasing, factoring and finance companies. Finance and investment products. European and international financial systems. Currencies.
- Tax considerations in finance . Differences between accounting and taxation. Corporate tax.
- The financial management of companies. Estimating financial needs. Capitalisation and debt policy. Capital cost. Short and long-term debt policies. Self-financing and dividend policies. Short and long-term financial strategy for companies. Mergers and acquisitions. Company valuation: Methods based on asset analysis, methods based on economic analysis and mixed methods.
- Management Skills II. Leading, motivating and managing teams. Management of meetings. Negotiation and stress management.
- Business games related to finance (optional module).
*The information contained herein may be subject to changes.
Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management, awarded by Pompeu Fabra University.