- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Postgraduate Course in Business Management
Program curriculum and final degree
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management
- Strategic Management.
- Company strategy concept and process.
- Competitive analysis.
- Internal analysis.
- Value chain.
- Strategy decision.
- Strategy implantation.
- Accounting and balance analysis.
- Financial states.
- Asset and financial analysis.
- Economic analysis.
- Profitability analysis.
- Working capital analysis.
- Analytical accounting.
- Cost types and allocation.
- Strategic costs management.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Management control.
- Finance for executives.
- Company evaluation.
- Mathematics for financial operations.
- Investment assessment: static and dynamic methods.
- Financial management of assets.
- Tax aspects of finance.
- Marketing management and research.
- Marketing concept.
- Commercial function.
- Market research.
- Product, price, distribution and communication decisions.
- Human Resources Management
- Organisational communication
- Motivation policies
- Staff selection and training
- Jobs analysis and assessment
- Remuneration policy
- Production and operations management.
- Competing from the operations area.
- Operations in service companies.
- Materials time management - materials requirement planning (MRP), just in time (JIT), etc.
- Stocks, storeroom and logistic structure.
- Total quality management (TQM), statistical process control (SPC), ISO 9000.
- Technology management: cycles and technological decisions.
- Trends in operations management.
- Business plan. Participants prepare a plan or launch project for a new company or business unit. They can also choose the re-launch or development of an existing company as a theme. This will develop during the programme and will be tutored by staff, thus allowing the integration of all the knowledge acquired and the application of skills regarding group work, preparing reports and public presentations.
This module deals with three key skills that future professionals need in order to achieve success in any area, and to quickly and efficiently respond to the constant challenges that emerge in business. The subjects coincide with UPF Barcelona School of Management's key identifying features: analytical capacity, communication and social purpose.
- Evidence-based management: This subject brings us closer to professional decision making through prudent, clear and precise data analysis. Real life, relevant examples give students an opportunity to discover the manifold opportunities that big data can provide to different professional sectors.
- Storytelling: In this subject we develop the functions and mechanisms of audiovisual narrative (storytelling) and we apply them to professional communication. We tackle issues such as how to create communications that make an impact (on a personal, project and corporate level) as well as interpersonal communication and team motivation. The goal is to help professionals transmit any idea successfully, with creativity and energy.
- Ethics and sustainability: Professionals in all sectors have to deal with issues relating to ethics and sustainability throughout their working lives. In this subject, we focus on identifying, analysing and effectively responding to these questions.
- The role of the executive and behaviour in the company. The aim of this subject is to introduce students to the role of the executive and to the development of the basic need necessary for management.
- The role of the executive and leadership.
- Management styles.
- Problems analysis and decision-making..
- Holding meetings.
- Negotiation and dealing with conflicts.
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management awarded by Universidad Pompeu Fabra. In order to obtain this qualification students must attend and participate in classes, present the final project and pass the corresponding examinations.
Participants without universities degrees who successfully complete the course will be awarded a diploma by Barcelona School of Management.