- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Online Postgraduate Course in Public Health
The Online Postgraduate Course in Public Health provides a comprehensive view of current public health: its structure and agents, related institutions and the functions that their professionals should perform in order to ensure an ethical and efficient service.
Throughout the course you will learn to identify new health risks and approach them from a holistic viewpoint. You will learn the resources to make policies for the control and prevention of disease more effective, to identify and prevent health inequalities and you will understand how to respond to outbreaks and emergencies. You will also acquire basic skills to develop epidemiological investigations and discover how to promote the concept of equitable health at community level.
The Online Postgraduate Course in Public Health is aimed at graduates of life science (medicine, nursing, biology, veterinary medicine, etc.), environmental science, statistics, economics, political science and sociology, chemistry and pharmacy; as well as professionals wishing to train in any area of public health. This course offers you the option of accreditation by the National School of Health.
Why this program?
- Public health officers (state, regional or local).
- Specialists in the pharmaceutical, the biotech, the food and the environmental industries.
- Health or social agents in both public and private hospitals, the social services and the primary care sector, etc.
- Researchers in public health, preventive medicine, clinical medicine and environmental sciences.
The Postgraduate Course in Public Health is part of the Master in Public Health offered jointly between UAB and UPF.
- Acquire basic theoretical knowledge regarding the area of public health and its potential to transform societies.
- Learn how to public health provides progress and welfare to society at the same time as confronting new ethical questions and challenges.
- Analyse in detail some of the big problems currently affecting public health.
- Reflect on the relations between the key players in the development of public health.
- Understand the main professional fields where public health is developed, how they have evolved in recent decades and what their prospects are for the future.
- Gain a comparative vision of the public health panorama in different settings, with an emphasis on examples of good and bad practice that have been key to the profession's development.
- Acquire the practical skills required to be a public health professional.
- Gain the knowledge required to develop professional and research projects in the field of public health.
- Create and defend a specific project in order to receive accreditation from the Escuela Nacional de Sanidad.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at healthcare professionals and graduates – especially those with a background in the life sciences (medicine, nursing, biology, veterinary medicine, etc.), environmental sciences, statistics, economics, sociology, chemistry and pharmacy – who wish to be trained to work in any of the areas of public health.