- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Online Postgraduate Course in Literary Translation
The Online Postgraduate Course in Literary Translation will teach you to interpret and translate literary texts such as poems, memoirs or novels between different languages and different cultural realities.
At the hand of translators of authors such as George Orwell, Ken Follett or Rudyard Kipling, you will discover how to find appropriate solutions to the most demanding challenges of literary translation: humour, poetry or rhetoric. Upon completion of the course you should be able to transfer cultural references from one language to another with accuracy and idiomaticity, especially in areas such as religion, ideology or ethics. In addition to translating, you will also receive training on intellectual property law and legal aspects of working as a freelance translator.
The Online Postgraduate Online Course in Literary Translation is aimed at graduates in translation and interpretation, as well as students with other qualifications seeking to acquire the skills to work as literary translators. Most of the course translations will be from English into Spanish.
Why this program?
- Because it takes a practical approach to translation: you will attend seminars and workshops in translation (from English, French, Italian or German, according to your combination) and also in reading, correction, writing and research tools.
- Because not only will you learn to be a more efficient translator, you will be trained in the legal aspects of working as a freelance translator: how to issue invoices, declare taxes, what legal framework you need to follow with regard to International Property Rights, how to use the 2.0 tools of the sector to promote yourself, etc.
- Because you will have classes with experienced professional translators like Silvia Komet and Valerie Miles; editors, cinema and theatre critics, and university professors such as Olivia de Miguel (Premio Nacional a la Mejor Traducción 2011/2011 Best Spanish Translation) and Patrick Zabalbeascoa.
- Introduce improvements in the training of linguists and translators, and bring students' professional and academic expectations more into line with market needs.
- Read, translate, edit and discuss texts throughout the entire translation process.
- Provide training on the theoretical aspects that provide the cultural background needed to approach the translation of a cultural text.
Who is it for?
The Online Postgraduate Course in Literary Translation is aimed at professional translators, humanities graduates (in the fields of translation, languages, philosophy, history, art history, journalism, etc.) and anyone interested in acquiring the professional profile needed for working in literary translation.