- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master of Science in Finance and Banking
Offered jointly between the UPF Department of Economics and Business, and the UPF Barcelona School of Management, the Master of Science in Finance and Banking is a one-year, full time program professionally-oriented entirely taught in English targeted at participants who wish to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills for a successful career in the financial sector. The program includes a curricular internship and it allows you to choose your preferred elective courses according to your career plans.
Practically focused and internationally oriented, the Master of Science in Finance and Banking provides students with the ability to apply complex financial, economic and investment theories to both corporations and the financial services industry. The course will provide you with a wide-ranging theoretical background and equip the practical skills for active interaction in investment banks and securities firms, in finance departments of industrial and service companies and in central banks.
The Master of Science in Finance and Banking benefits from the outstanding, hand-picked faculty of the UPF's world ranked Department of Economics and Business, known for its scientific approach, its constant contribution to creating knowledge and its high-level ability to stimulate and convey knowledge.
The faculty of the program includes a unique selection of academics of UPF and other prestigious universities as well as experienced business professionals from some of the top financial firms, consultancies and corporate financial services.
Why this program?
1. You will be part of UPF’s Department of Economics and Business, a vibrant, diverse and truly international community, consistently ranked among the top 10 departments in Europe.
2. You will end up with a deep understanding of how financial markets and financial institutions work as well as of the impact financial regulation has on both areas
3. You will master, and put to work, the most recent tools and techniques used by financial analysts in the increasingly complex and challenging world of finance.
4. You will be taught by some of the world's top-ranked academic faculty, both from UPF and other prestigious international universities.
5. You also will benefit from the insights and the expertise of a unique selection of experienced business professionals of the financial sector.
6. You may benefit from our Talent Scholarships, offering discounts to early candidates who can demonstrate an exceptional academic, professional or personal trajectory.
7. You will prepare and present a master thesis, supervised by a specialized faculty member in your topic of choice and the master thesis coordinator.
8. You will take an active role in the “Connecting with the Industry” course, discussing current issues in banking and finance with top professionals of the sector.
9. You will complete an internship, providing relevant work experience in the financial sector, and benefit from the assistance in career development of our Office of Career Services.
- To understand the functioning of financial markets and financial institutions.
- To learn how to take the best investment and financing decisions in a corporation.
- To find out about the global impact of banking and financial regulation.
Who is it for?
The Master of Science in Finance and Banking is aimed at recent graduates and junior professionals with the following academic backgrounds:
- Business Administration
Applicants with a different academic background will be asked to provide proof of sufficient quantitative and analytical training by presenting a GMAT score of 650 or higher.