New edition of the monograph Quorum focuses on the Digital Age
The seventh edition of Quorum focuses on the Digital Age, with discussions and opinions from lecturers at UPF Barcelona School of Management and UPF-IDEC.
The so-called “digital revolution” is different from those that have come before, as it has transformed not only our systems of communication, but also our very lives. We are living in the Digital Age, which has changed the ways in which knowledgeis created, transferred and utilized. This has brought us a range of benefits, such as communication in real time and easy access to information. However, it also has a “dark side”, such as increased isolation, the diminishing of interpersonal relationships and the rise of digital fraud and piracy. In turn, this has raised a number of questions, such as: How have these changes affected society? Do companies benefit from using ICT? Is having access to information whenever and wherever we want it a positive development?
In light of all these questions, the theme of our seventh Quorum monograph is theDigital Age. In this edition, numerous experts from UPF Barcelona School of Management and UPF-IDEC offer their opinions on the Digital Age:
- Albert Banal, director of the Master of Science in Corporate Finance and Banking, UPF Barcelona School of Management
- Xavier Brun, director of the Master in Financial Markets, UPF Barcelona School of Management
- Joan Francesc Cánovas, director of the Master in Communication Management, UPF-IDEC
- Monika Jiménez, director of the Master in Protocol and Public Relations, UPF-IDEC
- Daniel Serra, dean of UPF Barcelona School of Management
- Mari-Carmen Marcos, director of the Online Master in UX: Usability, Interaction Design and User Experience, UPF-IDEC
- Joan Ras, lecturer in innovation and entrepreneurship at UPF. Also partner and CEO of Induct
We at Quorum invite you to read our publication and share your views with us.