New edition of Quorum focuses on management
The eighth edition of Quorum provided a platform for the academics of UPF Barcelona School of Management to discuss ideas and express opinions on the subject of “management”.
The word “management” is difficult to translate into other languages. Its meaning is ambiguous even in the Anglo-Saxon world, where it has its origins. The term is often used, in a broad sense, as a synonym for “administration”. Traditionally, management consisted of defining the objectives of a company or institution and the actions that need to be taken in order to organize and motivate its human resources, with the aim of using the material resources available in order to achieve the desired objectives. At UPF Barcelona School of Management it is our understanding that management is an essential resource to the development of any profession, and is not exclusively associated with the business world or executive roles. This broader and more inclusive perspective helps us forge closer ties with all types of industries and professions, and has prompted us to make management the subject of our Quorum monograph.
In this edition, various experts from UPF Barcelona School of Management have offered their opinions on management:
- Toni Aira, Co-Director of the Master in Political and Institutional Communication
- Jorge Carrión, Director of the Master in Literary Creation
- Jordi de Falguera, Director of the Executive MBA
- Carles Martín, Director of the MSc in IT Management
- Jaume Puig-Junoy, Director of the Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics
- Mercè Roca, Director of the MSc in International Business
- Javier Wilhelm, Director of the Master in Professional Mediation
We at Quorum invite you to read our publication and share your views with us.