- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Online Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics (in Spanish)
Entirely taught in Spanish, the Online Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics at UPF Barcelona School of Management will address the economics and management of health services and pharmaceuticals and at the same time provide you with the skills needed to professionally manage the health and pharmaceutical service provision of any administration, organization or health insurance agency, whether public or private. This official degree has been evaluated, and approved by the Quality Agency for the University System of Catalonia, AQU Catalonia (regulated by the Ministry of Education), and is recognized in the countries of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The diploma issued by our institution can be legalized through the Ministry of Education in order to be recognized in a foreign country (The Hague Convention, Andrés Bello Convention, among others).
Alongside a large proportion of international students, on the Online Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics you will learn to apply concepts, techniques and economic instruments to the main problems of resource allocation faced by administrations, insurance agencies and health organizations in providing healthcare and pharmaceutical care. You will also become familiar with the various agencies for evaluation of medical products and medical technologies, and the insurance agencies and consultancy firms that are connected to the sector.
Aimed at professionals and graduates of the health and pharmaceutical sector, the Online Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics boasts a teaching staff made up of renowned lecturers with experience in the academic world, in public policies from the health sector and the pharmaceutical industry.
Why this program?
- Because the over 1,000 students that have passed through its over 20 editions can attest to this program's success and solidity.
- Because it is designed by Jaume Puig-Junoy and Carles Murillo, experienced and respected academics and professionals in the field of health economics, and lecturers in the Department of Economics and Business and the Department of Health Sciences at Pompeu Fabra University.
- Because 95% of students from its last three editions would recommend this master.
- For its excellent position in international rankings: 29th position in the Eduniversal world rankings in the category of Health Management Masters, and within this category, 4th in Health Economics Masters.
- Because it is the only masters that offers you the option to study online in two different languages, and that teaches you from an international perspective, using rigorous content adapted to the current reality of the market.
The main objective of this training programme is to provide specialised training in the economics and management of health services and pharmaceutical products (Pharmacoeconomics). Management in the health and pharmaceutical sector is understood in the broadest sense and includes the management of the healthcare provision of the administrations and other public organisations, centres and services belonging to healthcare institutions at any level of care, pharmaceutical service providers, agencies for the evaluation of drugs and medical technologies, together with the pharmaceutical industry and distributors, insurance companies and consultancy firms from this sector.
On completing the course the participants have acquired the knowledge and skills necessary, among other aspects, to be able to:
• Know and apply the basic and fundamental aspects of the techniques and instruments used in the economic evaluation of pharmaceuticals and medical technologies through cost-effectiveness, cost-utility and cost-benefit analysis.
• Know the use of statistical and econometric techniques in economic analysis in spheres as different as the relationship between expenditure and income, the behaviour of drug prescribers, the preparation of pharmacy budgets and studying the determinants of a treatment's efficacy.
• Analyse the justification for and effectiveness of the main policies for the regulation and funding of pharmaceuticals in a health system.
• Know and apply the instruments of rational drug use in order to guarantee the best possible use from the point of view of the effectiveness and the efficiency of pharmacological interventions
• Analyse and know the economic analysis of the functioning of the health sector and the economic behaviour of the agents involved in it, with special reference to the application of economic concepts and instruments to the management of health services.
• Know and use modelling techniques in a practical manner in the framework of studies on the economic evaluation of pharmaceuticals and medical technologies.
• Know the basic concepts and principles which characterise economic analysis and use economic language fluently.
Who is it for?
The Online Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics (in Spanish) is aimed at professionals in the health and pharmaceutical sectors who cannot afford the time to attend an on-site course, or who prefer to work primarily through virtual communication. This online programme in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics meets the needs and requirements both of experienced professionals and of recent graduates who wish to increase their knowledge of these areas. The programme does not require participants to have prior knowledge of economics. To follow module 2 participants must already have, or acquire before it begins, basic knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics.
The programme is geared towards professionals who, wherever they live, wish to follow a distance course with the characteristics mentioned. In particular, the programme is designed to complement the training of professionals with management responsibilities and graduates interested in acquiring the skills necessary for the management of:
• hospitals, clinical laboratories and public and private health centres,
• public bodies responsible for managing and/or funding pharmaceuticals and health services,
• private insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, pharmaceutical and health service management training centres, etc.