- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master of Science in Management
Program curriculum and final degree
The Master of Science in Management is spaced along three terms (September to December, January to March and April to June). Additionally, students have the possibility to undertake an internship, thus possibly extending their stay for one extra summer term (July to September).
During the 1st term students of the Master of Science in Management and those of all specializations sit together in class to learn the program's core courses.
On the 2nd and 3rd term students of the general management program customize their learning options by choosing 8 elective courses in topics such as Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Business Analytics and Marketing. Also during these terms, students start working on their Master of Science thesis.
By the summer term students have the possibility to carry out an internship as long as they choose the corresponding course itinerary.
Upon completing the Master of Science in Management students who wish to take on PhD studies are encouraged to do so in any of the UPF's PhD programs in Economics, Finance and Management. For further information click here.
- Analytical Tools
- Management Theory
- MSc Thesis Advising I-II
There will be a presentation of elective courses at the end of the first term so that students can get a better understanding of their choices. Students may choose one of the following formulas:
- 8 elective courses from the following list.
- 6 elective courses from the following list plus an internship.
List of Elective Courses
- Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- Business Analytics
- Consumer Behaviour
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Internet Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Methods of Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy
- IT Management
Notes * Students can take more than 8 elective courses. Any extra elective courses can be taken without additional cost. Additional elective courses will have no credit value. * Elective courses may change according to the student's demand and the availability of the faculty.
Additional Off-program Activities
Further to the program's regular classes, all Master of Science students have the possibility of attending free complementary training parallel to the running of their programs. The following activities are optional and are included in the program's tuition fees:
- Brush-up Courses: preparatory crash-courses on business and economy-related subjects which take place two weeks prior to the beginning of the program.
- Spanish Course: free of charge, 3-hour/week course at the UPF's language school.
- Career Development Program: career sessions and workshops during which students obtain specific training on how to improve their CV, approach potential employers and develop professional soft skills. Read more about the school's Career Service.
Once students have completed the program they will receive the official Master's Degree Máster Universitario en Ciencias Empresariales (Master of Science in Management) awarded by Pompeu Fabra University.
Official Master's Degree: Upon successfully completing the master's program you will receive a final diploma awarded by Pompeu Fabra University. In order to issue the certificate, the Government of Catalonia charges an additional fee of approximately €200. The exact amount varies annually and will be finalized upon completion of the degree. In accordance with the regulations set out by the Spanish Ministry of Education this final diploma will be issued in Spanish.