- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master of Science in Finance and Banking
Program curriculum and final degree
The Master of Science in Finance and Banking consists of 4 modules spaced along 3 terms.
All four modules (essentials, finance, banking and electives) are taught by the permanent faculty of Pompeu Fabra University's finance group, external academics from prestigious international universities and experienced business professionals.
During the academic year, students will undertake a credited (full-time or part-time) Intership in a sector-related company.
- Financial Econometrics - José Olmo (University of Southampton)
- Financial Accounting and Analysis - Javier Gomez-Bizcarri (UPF)
- Macroeconomics and International Finance - Oriol Aspachs (La Caixa).
Finance and Banking courses
- Finance courses
- Banking courses
- Financial Markets and Institutions - Enrique Benito (Deloitte)
- Financial Institutions Management (I): Bank Risk-taking, Crises and Prudential Policy - José Luis Peydro (UPF)
- Financial Institutions Management (II): Fundamentals of Banking - Sergio Vicente (Carlos III)
There will be a presentation of electives at the end of the first term so that students can get a better understanding of their choices. Students may choose 4 out of the following 6 electives:
- Corporate Valuation
- Corporate Valuation - Jacobo Cuadrado (Visan) and Albert Banal-Estanol (UPF)
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Reorganizations
- Regulation and Governance
- Banking Regulation and Supervision - Xavier Freixas (UPF)
- Financial Market Regulation - Eudald Canadell (CNMV)
- Venture Capital and Entrepreneurial Finance
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Venture Capital- Filippo Ippolito (UPF)
- Benchmarking and Management Control
- Benchmarking and Management Control - Mircea Epure (UPF)
- Bank Accounting
- MSc Thesis Advising: Guidelines and Accompanying Course - Luz Parrondo (UPF)
Career and Internship Advisory Course
We provide a Career and Internship Advisory Course, which gives students insights into the different career options available, the typical daily tasks for each, and the long term path of each. Additionally, we teach strategies for effectively reaching out to companies, making career related contacts, and for securing and performing well in technical and non-technical interviews for different types of positions
Additional Program Activities
Further to the course's regular classes, all Master of Science students have the possibility of attending free complementary training parallel to the running of their programs. The following activities are optional and are included in the program's tuition fees:
- Brush-up Courses: preparatory crash-courses on business and economy-related subjects which take place two weeks prior to the beginning of the program.
- Spanish Course: free of charge, 3-hour/week course at the UPF's language school.
- Career Development Program: workshops and networking sessions specifically designed for training students on how to improve their résumé, define their professional identity, develop professional skills and approach potential employers.
Once students have completed the course they will receive the official Master's Degree Máster Universitario en Finanzas Corporativas y Banca / M.Sc. in Corporate Finance and Banking awarded by Pompeu Fabra University.
Students will also receive an additional Master of Science in Finance and Banking completion certificate awarded by UPF Barcelona School of Management.
Official Master's Degree: Upon successfully completing the master's program you will receive a final diploma awarded by Pompeu Fabra University. In order to issue the certificate, the Government of Catalonia charges an additional fee of approximately €200. The exact amount varies annually and will be finalized upon completion of the degree. In accordance with the regulations set out by the Spanish Ministry of Education this final diploma will be issued in Spanish.