- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in Sports Journalism
1st term: Monday and Thursday, 17.30-21.30h and Friday 17.30-19.30h. 2nd term: Monday, Thursday and Friday 17.30- 21.30h, Wednesday 17.30-19.30h. 3rd term: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 17.30-21.30h.
Master in Sports Journalism will develop your skills to rigorously report on sporting issues in all kinds of media: digital, radio, television or newspapers.
Throughout the program you will learn the daily life of a modern sports journalist: from writing press releases for agencies to reporting on sports events, management of social networks (community management) or photojournalism, among others. You will also have the opportunity to do internships in communications media and organizations such as RAC1, TV3, El País, Cadena Ser, Catalunya Radio, La Vanguardia, El Periódico, Bein Sports, Barça TV, Movistar TV, FC Barcelona, Dorna, etc.
The Master in Sports Journalism is aimed at graduates in journalism and communication sciences as well as graduates in other fields who want to specialize in sports communication
Why this program?
- Because you will have a chance to intern at some of the most important sports media sources and institutions in Spain. Our graduates have collaborated with Mediapro, Bein Sports, FC Barcelona, Cadena SER, Mundo Deportivo, Barça TV, Catalunya Radio, RAC1 and El País, among others.
- Because you will learn about the latest journalistic developments from distinguished professionals such as Axel Torres (Bein Sports and Radio Marca), Josep Maria Gay de Liébana (UB, La Vanguardia), Carlos Pérez de Rozas and Marc Negre (TV3), and from UPF's renowned lecturers.
- Because this program is up-to-date and provides sound professional training: it embraces all facets of sports media (economics, legal and medical aspects, etc.) and teaches students about the latest trends in sports journalism 2.0 (community management, social networks, new television formats and photojournalism, etc.).
- Because it is organized in cooperation with Mediapro, a leading company in the sports event production and broadcasting industry.
- Because classes will be held in real media installations: newsrooms, TV sets, radio booths and control rooms at UPF's Poblenou Communication Campus, in Barcelona's 22@ district.
- Gain a solid training in the different fields of sports journalism , with its different areas and products.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to work as a skilled journalist in the media, as well as in businesses and organizations in the sports sphere.
- Gain a deep understanding of the communicative and socio-economic environment in which journalism currently takes place.
Who is it for?
- Journalism graduates or candidates with university qualifications in the field of communication sciences who wish to specialize in the field of sports journalism.
- Graduates holding a bachelor's degree or other university title in other fields who wish to gain the knowledge required to work effectively in the sports journalism sector. In this case, students will need to take some extra hours of "Additional Journalism Training" (in Spanish) in the first term.