- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Online Master in Scientific, Medical and Environmental Communication
The Online Master in Scientific, Medical and Environmental Communication will prepare you to produce, manage, and transmit scientific knowledge and the ideas and opportunities that derive from its application, and from its related technologies.
Throughout the course, you will analyse the main sources of scientific information, their forms of transmission, the nature of the relationships between the expert world, technological industries, and society, how these impact discoveries in people and the ethical problems associated with the whole process of how knowledge is handled. The module focused on medical communications will provide you with a detailed understanding on how medical and health knowledge is communicated. In the field of environmental communications you will analyse the major environmental issues and the challenges of biotechnology and genetic engineering. In addition, thanks to the collaboration of "la Caixa" Social Foundation, you will be able to participate in the Campus Gutenberg, which involves more than 300 scientific communicators and experts in scientific culture from Spain and Europe each year.
The Online Master in Scientific, Medical and Environmental Communication is aimed at university graduates who wish to become scientific communication professionals, a field with wide applications and professional careers.
Why this program?
- Because you will learn from experts and professionals from different fields of science communication, such as Vladimir de Semir, creator of the Science and Technology supplement to La Vanguardia; Guillermo Fernández, museum project consultant to La Caixa Social Foundation (CaixaFórum); Cristina Ribas, Chairperson of the ACCC (Catalan Association for Science Communication); and Bienvenido León, Lecturer in Audiovisual Scientific Communication at the University of Navarre, among others.
- Because of its innovative methodology: this program consists of practical, interactive workshops and a personalized evaluation by a tutor, in addition to a wide selection of learning materials such as reference books, videos by experts, tools 2.0 and interactive applications.
- Because you will be trained in a profession with a broad array of interesting career opportunities in journalism and science communication, institutional communication and science museology.
- Because you will form part of our alumni network, made up of graduates now working at some of the industry's most distinguished companies and institutions, such as Colciencias, Redes, Wisconsin IceCube Particle Astrophysics, Diario Médico, Novartis, Chilean Library of Congress and National Geographic, PRBB-UPF, etc.