- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in Publishing and Editing
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 18.30 to 22.00h. Some classes will take place on Monday.
The Master in Publishing is a 100% professional tool with international prestige that offers a detailed journey through the workings of the publishing sector and imparts deep, practical knowledge on the publishing industry and strategies to create a publishing company.
The course, which is taught by an exceptional teaching team made up of industry professionals, explores the different areas of the industry, from the general to the concrete: editorial lines (creating a company, compiling a catalogue), negotiation and contracts (literary agencies, foreign rights departments), new start-ups (market place, creating apps, communication services), production via various media (paper, digital, audiobook, app, pdf, etc.), promotion and marketing (distribution, communication), etc.
The Master in Publishing, which is on its way to celebrate its 25th birthday, has always maintained collaboration agreements with the main institutions and companies in the industry, which consolidates its national and international outreach and reinforces its highly professional focus.
Why this program?
- Because, thanks to the unconditional support of the main institutions and companies in the industry, students have the opportunity to undertake a professional internship. Our alumni have had the chance to work in a diverse range of companies: publishers, literary agencies, newspapers, etc.
- Because its approach is practical and up-to-the-minute: students are familiarized with cutting-edge, latest-generation publishing programs (tablets, audiobooks, PDAs, smartphones, apps, e-readers, etc.).
- Because it includes 6 workshops that take a detailed look at negotiation, production and financial techniques and strategies in the publishing industry.
- Because the Final Project (TFM) gives students the chance to develop what could be their own future business or publishing project.
- Because of its long history and solid reputation: the master program has been taught for nearly 25 years and has trained more than 800 professionals who are now in important positions in the publishing industry or have created successful businesses in the sector.
- To train skilled, capable professionals in the publishing industry.
- To encourage the ability to develop own projects in the field: a publisher, literary agency, service company, content creation business, etc.
- To offer knowledge on how various publishing markets, financial mechanisms and marketing work.
- To encourage good professional practice, because fair play is competitive.
Who is it for?
- Young graduates who want to enter the publishing industry with a solid knowledge base.
- Young publishing professionals who wish to consolidate their knowledge.
- Publishing professionals who want to give structure to and update their knowledge.
In collaboration with Google, the master program provides all students with an open-access version of Short Publishing Dictionary English–Spanish Spanish–English.