- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in Professional Mediation
Fridays from 4.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
The Master in Professional Mediation will teach you how mediation is performed in business contexts, as well as in civil, commercial and criminal disputes. Upon completion of the course, you will obtain the required recognition from the Government of Catalonia and the Spanish Ministry of Justice to register in the official register of mediators.
Through mediation theories such as the seven Harvard elements, empowerment of the Transformative model or alternative history of the Circular Narrative school, you will discover how to mediate in employment disputes, financial transactions, insurance or disagreements between partners. In civil and criminal mediation you will also study how to deal with family conflicts, disputes among neighbours and misunderstandings within work teams from the midpoint. Taught by renowned mediators such as Javier Wilhelm and Maria Munné as well as teachers with extensive experience in the field of mediation, the course will also introduce concepts of civil and commercial law, psychology of interpersonal conflicts and economic theories necessary to establish good mediation.
The Master in Professional Mediation is aimed at economists, criminologists, lawyers, sociologists, architects, social workers, psychologists, and other professionals who wish to focus their professional career in mediation.
Why this program?
- Because upon completing this master you will meet the requirements for joining the Register of Mediators of the Generalitat of Catalonia.
- Because of the opportunity to secure an internship. Students of last year's course interned at the city councils of Badalona, Barberà del Vallés, Palafrugell, Sabadell and Sant Pere de Ribes; IES Francesc Xavier Lluch i Rafecas de Vilanova i la Geltrú and in mediation companies such as Assistència i Gestió Integral (AGI), Bansabadell Operaciones y Servicios, SA, Club de Bàsquet de Gavà, Gestión Integral del Conflicto, SL and Mediación y Convivencia, SL.
- Because you will take a practical approach to mediation: you will participate in personalised training with professional mediators, receive feedback to improve your skills and put these into practice through role play.
- Because 100% of last year's students recommend this course.
- Learn to identify the nature of a civil or business conflict and adopt various different methodologies in order to resolve it.
- Understand the historical and cultural roots of mediation, as well as the definition and foundations of the profession.
- Learn to recognize feelings and emotions related to situations of conflict in order to intervene as an impartial party.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at professionals who wish to act as third-parties in situations of conflict, whether between two or more people or between organizations or other groups. Through the program students gain an entry point into the world of professional mediation. Professionals from the fields of law, psychology, social work, sociology, education and economics are particularly suitable for the program, along with other graduates who want to find an innovative, enriching complementary profession.