- Master's and Postgraduate courses
- Communication, Journalism and Translation
- Master in Political and Institutional Communication
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in Political and Institutional Communication
Plan de estudios y titulación
Module 1. Political Behaviour
- Analysing political behaviour: behaviourism and rational choice theory.
- Political participation: relevance, types and explanations.
- Political culture and attitudes.
- Electoral methods.
Module 2. Communication and Public Opinion
- Analysing public opinion using the classical and empirical traditions.
- Public communication, democracy and opinions.
- Media and the opinion-forming process.
- Opinion polls and surveys.
- Public opinion in complex society
Module 3. Political Communicators and Strategists
- The permanent campaign.
- Political communicators: from spokesperson to campaign head.
- Political storytelling.
- Building leadership.
Module 4. Electoral Marketing
- Electoral research.
- Planning and coordinating the election campaign.
- External and internal audiences.
- Broadcasting messages.
- Evaluating the election campaign.
Module 5. Institutional Communication
- Communication in public institutions.
- Open government, social network management and stage 3.0.
- Brand creation.
Module 6. Communicators and Strategists in Public Institutions
- Towards a clearer definition of the professional role.
- The strategic and cross-cutting role of specialists in institutional communication.
- The institutional message.
- Individual leadership and leading teams.
Module 7. Local Communication
- Local communication: managing social networks and training spokespeople.
- Local communication strategies: external and internal communication.
- Brand management.
- Crisis communication and management.
Module 8. BSM INSIDE
This module deals with three key skills that future professionals need in order to achieve success in any area, and to quickly and efficiently respond to the constant challenges that emerge in business. The subjects coincide with UPF Barcelona School of Management's key identifying features: analytical capacity, communication and social purpose.
- Evidence-based management: This subject brings us closer to professional decision making through prudent, clear and precise data analysis. Real life, relevant examples give students an opportunity to discover the manifold opportunities that big data can provide to different professional sectors.
- Storytelling: In this subject we develop the functions and mechanisms of audiovisual narrative (storytelling) and we apply them to professional communication. We tackle issues such as how to create communications that make an impact (on a personal, project and corporate level) as well as interpersonal communication and team motivation. The goal is to help professionals transmit any idea successfully, with creativity and energy.
- Ethics and sustainability: Professionals in all sectors have to deal with issues relating to ethics and sustainability throughout their working lives. In this subject, we focus on identifying, analysing and effectively responding to these questions.
*The information contained herein may be subject to changes
Upon successfully completing the program, students will receive a Master's Degree in Political and Institutional Communication, awarded by Pompeu Fabra University.
Class attendance, passing the corresponding tests and submission of set assignments are essential in order to obtain the qualification.