- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in Pharmaceutical Marketing
Program curriculum and final degree
Module 1. Marketing Rx: operational management
• Introduction to the pharmaceutical market: internal analysis
• Market research: secondary sources and ad-hoc techniques.
• SWOT analysis and definition of quantitive and qualitative objectives.
• Segmentation and Positioning.
• Marketing strategies for mature products.
• EFG's marketing strategies.
• Advertising legislation and self-regulation.
• Medical interaction / Market Access Marketing.
• Case study.
Module 2. Medical Marketing
• Investigation and development of medicinal products.
• Result studies in Health and Pharmaceutical Marketing
• Evidence based Comunication.
• Advertising in medicinal products. Crisis management for security reasons.
• Preparation of Medical-Marketing Plans.
• Case study:
• Conferencia: "Biotechs, a Marketing opportunity.
Module 3. Market access and institutional decision-makers
• Market access plan.
• Health System models. Market acess's clients.
• How to provide value to the medical product.
• Case study.
• Conference: "The role of health administrations".
Module 4. Sales
• Sales Plan.
• Area analysis: case study.
• Analyze sale results; case study
Module 5. Hospital Marketing
• Introduction to the national and international hospital market.
• Competitive analysis and market intelligence.
• Hospital products' life cycle management.
• Purchase system and accesing the market.
• Case study
Module 6. Pharmacy and OTC marketing
• OTC portfolios and variables in OTC marketing.
• OTC strategies. Practical cases.
• Marketing of parapharmacy products.
• Management of the sales force.
• Management of the pharmacy channel.
• Advertisment planning in the mass media.
• Loyalty plan. Practical cases.
• Conference: " Pharmaceutical distribution: evolution and challenges"
Module 7. Communication and creativity
• Mental frames: target insights.
• Product benefit and statement of positioning.
• Briegfing and creative pocess.
• The Helathcare comumunication agency.
• Communication strategies for new and mature products.
• DCT strategies for Rx products.
• Communication strategies for global brands.
• Creative concept and evaluation of ideas.
• Communication creative analysis to professionals and final user.
Module 8. Relationship Marketing and digital channels.
• Relational Marketing and loyalty fundamentals
• Extension of relational Marketing into the Pharmaceutical sector.
• Website and social networks.
• Integrated use of social networks in relational Marketing.
• SEM campaigns: Google Adwords. SEO
• Mobile marketing: apps, geolocation, augmented reality.
• "Push & pull" digital strategies to prescribers.
• Digital formats for the sales network.
• New digital business models for Farma.
• Conference: "Digital Farma".
Module 9. Finance
• The ROI of the marketing plan.
• Introduction to finances
• The operating acount
• Financial impact of marketing decisions.
• ROI. Case study.
Módulo 10. Rx Marketing: strategic and international management
• Company's SWOT analysis and product portfolio design.
• Product lifecycle management: licensing in/out
• Product strategies: case study.
• Corporate strategy: case study.
• Strategic marketing vs operational marketing. TPP*
• Brand identity*
• International brand management. Global/local marketing interaction*
• Pharma business development*
(*) sessions taught in English.
Module 11. Development of personal competences
• Personal leadership
• Comptences Assessment.
• Time organisation and management.
• Professional career experiences.
• Conflict management.
• Effective presentations.
• Digital tools of personal productivity.
• Personal brand: concept, tools and content generation.
• Teambuilding day (outdoor)
Module 12. Theses
As from the second month of the programme and until its finalisation participants will put together a team marketing plan which will be both direct and digital and under the direction and guidance of a tutor.
Module BSM Inside:
This module deals with three key skills that future professionals need in order to achieve success in any area, and to quickly and efficiently respond to the constant challenges that emerge in business. The subjects coincide with UPF Barcelona School of Management's key identifying features: analytical capacity, communication and social purpose.
- Evidence-based management: This subject brings us closer to professional decision making through prudent, clear and precise data analysis. Real life, relevant examples give students an opportunity to discover the manifold opportunities that big data can provide to different professional sectors.
- Storytelling : In this subject we develop the functions and mechanisms of audiovisual narrative (storytelling) and we apply them to professional communication. We tackle issues such as how to create communications that make an impact (on a personal, project and corporate level) as well as interpersonal communication and team motivation. The goal is to help professionals transmit any idea successfully, with creativity and energy.
- Ethics and sustainability: Professionals in all sectors have to deal with issues relating to ethics and sustainability throughout their working lives. In this subject, we focus on identifying, analysing and effectively responding to these questions.
Personal coaching and skills assessment
Throughout the course, each program participant will have at least one personal coaching session with one of the course directors. In addition, each one will have a skills assessment performed in order to improve their personal and professional self-knowledge and draw up an Individual Development Plan.
*The information contained herein may be subject to changes.
Master's in Pharmaceutical Marketing, issued by the Universidad Pompeu Fabra.
To obtain the qualification it is essential to attend class and complete the individual exercises throughout the course. The group thesis should also be prepared satisfactorily.