- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in Literary Creation
Plan de estudios y titulación
The details of the content of each module, as well as the recommended reading and features of the exercises that must be submitted, will be specified at the start of the course.
- Literary creation: history and foundations This module is an introduction to the history of literary creation through the great works and authors that have shaped Western tradition. From the Middle Ages to the Modern Age, various canonical and significant texts from various genres will be analysed, identifying the reasons why they may be used as examples in the creation of contemporary literary works.
- Literary writing in Spanish Description and analysis of literary language. Introduction to the techniques of literary creation in main contemporary genres. Specific issues and practical solutions in literary writing in Spanish.
- Literary writing in Catalan (given in catalan) Description and analysis of literary language. Introduction to the techniques of literary creation in main contemporary genres. Specific issues and practical solutions in literary writing in Catalan.
- Stories History of the contemporary story and short stories. Description and analysis of the specific techniques of the genre. Writing practices for original stories.
- Novels History and technique of the novel. Description and analysis of the specific techniques of the genre: narrative voice, structure, characters, situations, narrative time. Writing practices and original novel project.
- Poetry Description and study of the formal and imaginary mechanisms of poetry (metrics and rhythm, metaphor and figurative language, lyrical subjects, themes and forms). Development of the ability to analyse and judge poems from different periods, with special attention to contemporary poetry. Writing practices for original poetry.
- Non-fiction Examination of the various forms and current possibilities of non-fiction literature, with special attention to modes of "I" in modernity: essays, memoirs and diaries. Writing practices for non-fiction texts.
- New forms and new areas Exploration of inter-genre possibilities. Relationships and interferences between important genres to create original works. Potential of new media: hypertext and literary blogs. Practices for writing in these areas.
- The crafts of novel writing and literature Editorial work today. The process of publishing a book in professional literary publishing houses: preparing the original, editing, design and layout, proofreading, editorial reports.
PRACTICUM Tutorials, seminars, conferences and preparation of the Final Master's Project.
* The information contained herein may be subject to changes.
Upon successfully completing the program, students will receive a Master's Degree in Literary Creation, awarded by Pompeu Fabra University. Class attendance, passing the corresponding tests and submission of set assignments are essential in order to obtain the qualification.