- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in International Politics Journalism
Monday to Thursday, from 17.30 to 21.30 h
The Master in International Political Journalism will provide you with the knowledge needed to exercise strict international political journalism using the latest journalistic technologies.
At the hand of professional journalists you will learn about the communication, geopolitical and socio-economic environment in which journalism is developed as well as the institutions and main actors that regulate the international political landscape. You will also learn how to objectivity approach in a contentious field such as politics and how to report with rigour, professional ethics and uninfluenced. The course includes practice both with correspondents from major newspaper corporations and international political bodies.
The Master in International Political Journalism is aimed at graduates in journalism or other advanced degrees in the field of communication sciences, as well as professionals with advanced degrees who wish to specialize in this discipline (this profile must complete additional training in the first term).
Why this program?
- Because you will have the chance to intern at some of the most important international media correspondent's offices and organizations. Our graduates have collaborated with Radio France Internationale, Infopress, Agencia Efe, La Crónica (Mexico), Grupo Clarín (Argentina), El País, El Periódico and TV3, among others.
- Because you will learn about the latest developments in cultural journalism from distinguished professionals such as Rosa María Calaf and Bru Rovira, and from UPF's prestigious lecturers.
- Because classes will be held in real media installations: newsrooms, TV sets, radio booths and control rooms at UPF's Poblenou Communication Campus.
- Because, at the end of the course, you and your classmates will journey to European institutions and meet international politicians and correspondents. Past destinations include NATO, the European Council and the European Parliament, among others.
- Because you will learn about current affairs on a country-by-country basis from locally-based journalists and experts, and discuss the main points of their international relations policies and institutions.
- Become fully trained as a professional in the field of international political journalism. This involves gaining specific knowledge and combining journalism, international relations, political science, history and international law, etc.
- Understand the communicative, geopolitical socioeconomic environment in which journalistic activity is carried out internationally.
- Gain the skills required for conducting rigorous journalism that is efficient, reliable and accessible.
Who is it for?
- Journalism graduates or candidates with other university titles in communication sciences who wish to specialize in the field of international political journalism.
- Professionals with other higher education qualifications who wish to gain the key knowledge required to create quality journalism (in this case they will need to take an " Additional Journalism Training " course in the first term).