- Program curriculum and final degree(active tab)
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Master in Creation of Video Games
Plan de estudios y titulación
Core content (102 hours)
In this first section in common, participants will learn the basic principles for the creation of video games, which can later be used to create projects with sound methodology. This subject will be essential for both programmers and designers or artists.
- Basic technology (30 hours)
- Generating of basic contents (30 hours)
- Management (21 hours)
- Design for video games (21 hours)
Specialised Area (168 hours each)
In this second section, participants must specialise in the roles of programmers or artists to receive specific training in their field of action: the creation of the code of a video game or the design and preparation of the contents (graphics, sound, etc.)
- Specialised Area in Design (168 hours)
- Modelling and texturing (66 hours)
- Animation of characters (30 hours)
- Audio (24 hours)
- Design of interfaces (18 hours)
- Direction of art (30 hours)
- Specialised Area in Programming (168 hours)
- Graphic programming (66 hours)
- Artificial Intelligence and logic (60 hours)
- Programming for networks (30 hours)
- Programming for audio (12 hours)
End of course project (100 hours)
Finally, this third section enables participants to develop a project of average complexity in groups consisting of people with the two profiles. In this way they can put into practice what they have learnt, in a team structure similar to that which occurs in industry.
The Project will be carried out in class during the months of April, May and June. During this period the participant will receive the ongoing support of the lecturers in individual or group tutorials.
The Master's end of course project will be delivered in October/ November.
BSM Inside Module:
This module deals with three key skills that future professionals need in order to achieve success in any area, and to quickly and efficiently respond to the constant challenges that emerge in business. The subjects coincide with UPF Barcelona School of Management's key identifying features: analytical capacity, communication and social purpose.
- Evidence-based management: This subject brings us closer to professional decision making through prudent, clear and precise data analysis. Real life, relevant examples give students an opportunity to discover the manifold opportunities that big data can provide to different professional sectors.
- Storytelling : In this subject we develop the functions and mechanisms of audiovisual narrative (storytelling) and we apply them to professional communication. We tackle issues such as how to create communications that make an impact (on a personal, project and corporate level) as well as interpersonal communication and team motivation. The goal is to help professionals transmit any idea successfully, with creativity and energy.
- Ethics and sustainability: Professionals in all sectors have to deal with issues relating to ethics and sustainability throughout their working lives. In this subject, we focus on identifying, analysing and effectively responding to these questions.
* The information contained herein may be subject to changes.
Master in the Creation of Video Games, awarded by Pompeu Fabra University.