- Eixample Workshops
Aula Eixample is a series devised by UPF Barcelona School of Management that includes courses and activities related to the arts and humanities: music, literature, philosophy, visual arts, etc. The purpose of these sessions, open to the general public, is to promote the interest in continuous training.
Cycle of conferences "Com escoltar música?" (How to listen to music)
"Com Escoltar Música?" (How to listen to music) is a series of conferences by UPF Barcelona School of Management aimed at providing a better understanding of listening to musical pieces of different styles, eras and writers.
The series outlines a varied route through the most notable genres and eras of the tradition of western music, focusing on the structure and meaning of each piece and contextualizing references to time and society. Through listening to different pieces, it helps the listener to grasp their own sound and harmony, and gain an understanding of the performances and the critiques.
The sessions of "Com Escoltar Música?" take place on Mondays from January to May. This year, "Com escoltar música?" will place a special emphasis on diverse aspects of the work of Johann Sebastian Bach.
Orchestra conductor, philologist and a specialist in the promotion of music.
He combines his activity as a musician with that of pedagogy, mostly in the Escola Superior de Música de Catalunya (Catalonia College of Music). He was the director of the group Exaudi nos.
Mondays from 7pm to 9pm
- January 18: R. Schumann, Frauenliebe und – leben.
- January 25: G. Mahler, songs by Rückert.
- February 1: J. Brahms, Piano pieces op. 118.
- February 8: W. Mozart, Symphony no. 40 in G minor.
- February 15: P. Tchaikovsky, Sixth symphony.
Mondays from 11am to 1pm JS Bach session
- February 22: Cello suite in C Major no. 3 22.2.
- February 29: From The Well-Tempered Clavicle.
- March 7: From Orgelbüchlein.
- March 14: Short mass in G Major.
Mondays from 7pm to 9pm
- April 11: Live musicians: Feliu Gasull.
- April 18: J. Haydn, Trio en A Major Hob. xv: 18.
- April 25: J. Haydn, Quartet op. 20/5 in F minor.
- May 2: L. V. Beethoven, piano concerto in G.
- May 9: W. Mozart, Le nozze di Figaro.
Registration to the sessions of conferences is free and is open to the general public.
REGISTRATION TO ALL THE SESSIONS: Fill in and send the registration form.
REGISTRATION TO INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS: In this case, the registration can be carried out in three ways:
- Calling 93 547 81 82.
- Sending an email to email@example.com indicating your full name, ID (DNI)/Passport, date of birth, telephone no. and the sessions for which you want to request a place.
- Going to the 3rd floor of UPF Barcelona School of Management (Balmes 132-134, Barcelona).