- View(active tab)
- Program curriculum and final degree
- Academic directors and faculty
- Who will your classmates be?
- Employment opportunities
- Scholarships and funding
- Admission and enrollment
- Sponsors and partners
- Projects, awards and further recognition
- Dual Degrees
- Personal detalis
- Sesiones informativas
- Confirmation ok bank transfer
- Confirmation ok credit card
- Confirmation ok no pay
- Info session confirmation
Ll. M. in Professional Legal Practice + Master in Labour and Social Security Law
From October 2017 to June 2018: Monday to Friday from 16 to 20h. From January to June 2019: Thursdays and Fridays from 16 to 21h.
We offer you the possibility of completing the Official Master Program in Advocacy, which prepares you to successfully pass the entrance exam, together with the Master Program in Labour and Social Security Law, which offers participants the knowledge required to analyse and resolve the main interpretation problems with current employment and social security law.
The Master Program in Employment and Social Security Law trains you specifically, from advising companies and public institutions to the legal defence of different subjects of employment relations, whether individual or collective.
The Master Program is characterized mainly by three reasons:
a) A complete agenda: beyond simple updating, complementation or review, training specialists in the social branch of law.
b) A subject strictly consisting of Employment and Social Security Law: a master program to train specialized lawyers and, therefore, different from other programs in Human Resources, social promotion, or business consulting in general.
c) A diverse teaching staff: The composition in the last two editions consists of 19 university lecturers belonging to 13 different universities, 9 magistrates, 7 lawyers from the Public Administration, 4 professional practicing lawyers and 2 Employment and Social Security Inspectors.
Why this program?
Employment relations have always presented a high degree of judicialisation, so there is a sustained demand for specialists in this field (lawyers and social graduates): every year in Catalonia, more than 62,000 employment and social security law cases are filed in the courts. Of these, about half, more than 30,000, go to trial and the corresponding sentence is handed down, while the others are reconciled and some are withdrawn, which gives a clear idea of the social need of a large number of legal specialists in this area.
At the end of the program, in addition to being prepared to successfully take the entrance examination, you will get specific and in depth knowledge of this branch. The Master Program in Labour and Social Security Law has all the necessary elements to become the reference program in the training of lawyers:
- Because we have 22 years of experience training specialists in the social branch of law, subject to continuous reforms, both in employment and social security matters.
- Because we offer an extensive program that meets diverse needs: preparation for examinations, change of legal specialty, preparation for free practice as a specialist lawyer, recycling all material after years of dealing with a few subjects, etc.
- Because we provide a diverse teaching staff that comes from many different universities as well as specialists from all legal professions (magistrates, inspectors, lawyers, Administration lawyers, etc.).
- Because you will have the opportunity for professional practice specialised in the field of study.
- To control the labour and social security regulations.
- To deepen in the main interpretative problems that suppose the last regulatory modifications and the applied criteria.
- To provide up-to-date knowledge on constitutional jurisprudence and the Supreme Court, highlighting what concerns the unification of the doctrine and, if applicable, that of the higher courts of justice of the autonomous communities, especially in the case of Catalonia.
Who is it for?
This double degree is addressed mainly to those students and alumni of the Master Program in Law interested in specialising or furthering their knowledge in the legal field of Employment and Social Security Law.
Our students mostly want to become specialists in Employment and Social Security Law, either by acquiring this specialty for the first time when they have recently joined a law firm or because they change their specialty due to the current demand of specialists in the employment field.
Programa impartido en colaboración con:
Despachos miembros del Consejo Académico: